Gabriel García Márquez holds now the first 4 positions in the top 100 kindle best sellers in Amazon Mexico. The list starts, of course with “Cien años de soledad,” sold for 79 pesos, less than 8 dollars.
It has been said that “Cien años de soledad” has sold more than 50 millions copies in more than 40 languages, since its original publication in 1967.
“Gabo” as he was affectionately known, was deeply loved in Mexico, where he spent his last years. He was 87 years old.
Some of his most celebrated books include:
- “La hojarasca“
- “El coronel no tiene quien le escriba” (“No One Writes to the Colonel“)
- “Los funerales de Mamá Grande”
- “Cien años de soledad” (“One Hundred Years of Solitude“)
- “Crónica de una muerte anunciada” (“Chronicle of a Death Foretold“)
- “El amor en los tiempos del cólera” (“Love in the Time of Cholera“) and
- “Memoria de mis putas tristes” (“Memories of My Melancholy Whores“)
Rest in Peace, Gabo.